Monday, November 18, 2013

They're having a laugh right?

So I'm doing some doco on our Active Directory Forest Restore procedure and found this gem in the documentation... The excess of procedural detail here made me giggle.


Do we really need such detailed instructions to add 100,000 to another number?

Here's the original article if you don't believe it;
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/8e3e4377-ef54-4a70-9215-a5d2ba4d0eb9(v=ws.10)#RaiseRIDPool

I mean I get that this is probably because someone made a bad mistake with this process back in the day and Microsoft are covering themselves.

BUT I'd PREFER to believe that is some passive aggressive technical writer having a dig at relative intellect of the average Active Directory admin.

1 comment:

  1. That's great. The best part is they skipped a step--pasting the current value into the calculator.

    ReplyDelete